By Mark Land, M.S., RAC, AAHP President
We just completed the fifth annual AAHP Industry Reception featuring the Integrative Medicine Retailer Award. Designed to connect and support retailers who champion the industry’s products with manufacturers, this event brings together senior executives from the homeopathic industry and professionals from adjacent associations before hearing the Integrative Medicine Retailer award winner share retail initiatives for natural products.
The event took place at the historic Union League in Philadelphia. Mike Wolf accepted this year’s award on behalf of Walgreens. The intimate event of more than 50 attendees included a past award winner, representatives of major trade associations, AAHP board members and other homeopathic luminaries, including Boiron’s global leaders. Please enjoy some photos from the event here.
AAHP Board Members:
- Five of AAHP’s nine Board Members: Mary Borneman, Hyland’s Naturals; Tim Clarot representing Church & Dwight Co.; Mark Land, Boiron USA; Guillaume Loïs, Sevene USA (Olloïs); and Dan Quail, Similasan Corporation.
Homeopathic Community Members:
- Valerie Poinsot and Patrice Varraut of Boiron France; Janick Boudazin and Ray Petrick of Boiron USA; and Daniel Dereser of Boiron Canada
- Linda Lillard, Washington Homeopathic Products
- Jay Yasgar, Yasgar’s Homeopathic Dictionary
- Rachel Roberts, Homeopathic Research Institute
- Also in the room were: Aphena Pharma Solutions, MediNatura
- And online: Nártex Labs, Guna, Leonard Krause, Les Hamilton, Robert Melo, and Arlene Pena.
- AAHP affiliate member FDA Connect
- AAHP affiliate The Emerson Group
- AAHP consultant Ted Peterson, CPG Linkages, LLC
- AAHP Federal Affairs Representative Pete Evich, Van Scoyoc Associates
We thank three of our allied organizations for being there:
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Council for Responsible Nutrition
- and ECRM/RangeMe
And a number of valuable friends to AAHP:
- Archimed, Cullen + Rose, DOC Brands, Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), Goldstein Group Branding, Goli Nutrition, ICON International, Inc., Step Health, Knext Innovations, Little Big Brands, Nirvana Water Sciences, Radicle Science, SBL Consulting, TwinLab, Wellvest Capital.
Our guest speaker was William Doucette, PhD., the Deborah K. Veal Professor in Health-Care Policy in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Iowa. Dr. Doucette gave an overview of his research: Exploring the Teaching of Homeopathy in U.S. Pharmacy Schools. He is currently working to publish this study of data collected in Winter 2021–2022 on the status of homeopathy being taught in U.S. pharmacy schools. The study emphasized preparing pharmacists to be reliable sources of information for patients when they ask about homeopathic products.
Congratulations once again to the 2023 recipient of the Integrative Medicine Retailer Award: Walgreens' Michael Wolf, PharmD, Senior Director/Divisional Merchandise Manager, OTC Drugs. Mike told how his team continuously works with supplier partners to earn consumers’ trust in introducing new products that are of high quality and value.
This event has become one of the most important events on the AAHP calendar and provides an opportunity for senior industry executives and retailers to have conversations that are meaningful to their businesses while celebrating the work of outstanding retail chains.
The Integrative Medicine Retailer Award Ceremony is held in conjunction with the Natural Products Expo East.
A special thanks to our sponsor, The Emerson Group.