AAHP has grown since 1923 from a small group of like-minded pharmacists to an association that represents more than half of pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors, and marketers — foreign or domestic — who supply homeopathic medicines for the United States. Our members provide nearly 90 percent of U.S. homeopathic market share. Membership is also open to pharmacists, individuals in the homeopathic field, and allied organizations.
Our members pledge to manufacture, distribute, market, and sell according to all applicable regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States, the Code of Federal Regulations, appropriate current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and labeling requirements.
J.P. Borneman, Ph.D.
Mark S. Phillips, PharmD
Mary Beth Watkins
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nature's Way Brands
OHM Pharma, Inc.
Mark Phillips, PharmD
Mary Beth Watkins
- Education -- responsible for creating content for webinars/seminars and newsletter articles, plus responsible for overseeing the coordination and implementation of education events. Often works with outside experts to prepare content for educational events.
- Business Development/ Membership -- provides outreach to new members and helps to coordinate recruitment and welcome program for new members to the AAHP.
- Website -- oversees content of website and makes changes in appearance and functionality to meet changing needs of the association and its membership.
- Legal & Regulatory -- maintains and builds relationships with legislators and regulators. Identifies and addresses (under Board guidance) emerging issues of importance and concern. Note: this committee is purposely a small group as it sometimes deals with potentially confidential or sensitive issues.
- Publicity and Public Relations -- identifies opportunities to present newsworthy info about the AAHP and responds to PR issues that come to our attention. Works with and coordinates P.R. efforts with members on issues or topics of mutual concern.
- Homeopathic Sub Team -- stays current on electronic drug listing requirements as they affect homeopathic drug products in particular. Is a liaison with FDA for members’ questions regarding issues involved with the electronic drug listing requirements.