Homeopathic Pharmacopeia — 2013 Updates: What Might Affect Your Business Webinar Archive
AAHP Compliance Thru Education Webinar ARCHIVE
The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States, HPUS, as an official compendium recognized by the FDA, is critical to every manufacturer, formulator and contract marketer. You know the HPUS is a key reference for the manufacture of homeopathic medicines. But do you also know it is a continually updated and expanding guide? As the FDA continues to broaden its focus on the homeopathic industry, it is important to stay informed as changes in the HPUS are made.
This short, efficient web-seminar will help you to stay on top of these changing guidelines as it relates to your regulatory compliance. In this web-seminar, hear from the President of the HPCUS as to why the pharmacopeia is important to homeopathic manufacturing and marketing, and how to apply the guidelines to the legal and regulatory status of your homeopathic products under the FDA.
This Webinar Covers:
- The most commonly used 12 dosage forms and HPUS guidelines for manufacturing and labeling each
- Revised HPUS guidance for what should be on the labels of combination products
- The variety of methods for making tinctures — beyond simple maceration
- Updates to validated official quality control tests that can be used by QA labs.
Note: this webinar can also be utilized by your staff in fulfillment of your required mandatory training requirements. Homeopathic manufacturers and marketers have found the AAHP to be an excellent third party source for this training.
Who Should View?
- Owners, CEOs and management responsible for overall corporate compliance with updated HPUS guidance and FDA requirements.
- Marketing managers and staff responsible for compliant labeling.
- QA/QC staff responsible for establishing specifications and testing of components.
- Manufacturers, contract manufacturers and private label producers responsible for ensuring the compliance of homeopathic products.
- Marketers of private label brands who are responsible for the compliance of their contract manufactured product’s quality, safety and labeling.
If you are responsible for
- overall corporate compliance (HPUS & FDA)
- compliant labeling
- for establishing specifications and testing of components
- ensuring the compliance of homeopathic products
- the compliance of your contract manufactured product’s quality, safety and labeling
… then this webinar is worth 1 hour of your time to stay abreast of these changes and their impact on your business.
Meet the Presenters
John P. (Jay) Borneman, PhD, President HPCUS is the fourth generation of his family in the profession of homeopathic pharmacy and has been associated with homeopathic pharmacy throughout his life. He is a principal owner of Standard Homeopathic Company and also serves as CEO of Hyland’s, Inc., the company’s wholly owned distribution subsidiary. Dr. Borneman serves on the Boards of the Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Convention of the United States as its President, Consumer Healthcare Products Association as Chairman of the CHPA Political Action Committee, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine; and as an emeritus director of The National Center for Homeopathy. He is has chaired the Legal and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists since 2001.
Eric L. Foxman, R.Ph. Senior Scientist HPUS attended his first Homeopathic Pharmacopia meeting in 1978 and has been a member of the HPCUS since its inception. In the interim, he has chaired the Pharmacopia Revision Committee, been an active member of the Standards and Controls committee since it’s formation and is presently chair of the Council on Pharmacy, while also serving on the Board of Directors of the Convention. Over the last 7 years, he has worked with the members of the Council on Pharmacy to completely review and revise the General Pharmacy Section of the HPUS leading to the creation of the all-new Guidelines for Manufacturing Homeopathic Medicines, new Labeling Guidelines and a revision of the Homeopathic Good Manufacturing Practices Guidelines. Concurrently, Eric has been a member or company representative of the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists for 35 years, and is presently serving his third stint as Secretary of that organization.
This 1 hour Webinar DVD also contains all the handouts available during the original on-line event.
Webinar DVD archives can be ordered directly from the AAHP office at 4332 SE Logus Road, Milwaukie, OR 97222. The cost of the DVD Archive is $159 (includes S&H); AAHP members get a $50 discount.
[button color=”blue” url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Homeopathic Pharmacopeia 2013 Updates Webinar Archive Inquiry” size=”small”]Click here to order[/button]