On Sept. 29, AAHP celebrated the industry with its fourth annual Industry Reception and the presentation of the Integrative Medicine Retailer Award. Designed to connect and support retailers who champion the industry’s products with manufacturers, this event brings together senior executives from the homeopathic industry and professionals from adjacent associations before hearing the award winner share retail initiatives for natural products.
The event took place at the historic Union League in Philadelphia. The intimate event of 50 attendees included past award winners: Wegmans represented by Karen Shadders, Mike Pitocchi and Kevin Eich; and Rite Aid represented by Derrick Schaffer and Jess Mashburn. AAHP missed the presence of past winner Jenn Martin of Meijer, who was unable to attend. Accepting the award on behalf of H-E-B this year was Mike Schaeffer.
We wish to thank all our speakers and special VIP guests for their support in creating this valuable networking opportunity.
- Recipient of the Integrative Medicine Retailer Award: Mike Schaeffer, H-E-B’s Managing Director of Drug Store/Baby Procurement & Merchandising
- Guest speaker: Troy Beeler, Co-founder and General Manager, Future Commerce Initiative, presented “Future Consumer, Future Markets”
- Homeopathic manufacturers:
- AAHP Members present: Boiron, Sevene USA/Olloïs, and Similasan
- Other homeopathic manufacturers present: Aphena, Genexa, Guna, MediNatura, and PharmaCare U.S.
- Virtual viewers: AAHP Members Church & Dwight, Historical Remedies, and our newest member Nartex Labs, in addition to non-member Buzzagogo
- Retailers: H-E-B, Rite Aid Corporation, and Wegmans Food Markets. The three registered guests from CVS were missed as travel plans changed due to Hurricane Ian.
- Allied associations:
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Council for Responsible Nutrition
- A number of valuable service providers:
- AAHP Affiliate Member and event sponsor The Emerson Group
- AAHP Affiliate Member FDA Connect
- AAHP consultant Ted Peterson, CPG Linkages, LLC
- Cullen + Rose, Dana Holdings, ECRM, Graphene, Oak View Point Partners, Strategy Concepts, Tradeswell, and Wellvest Capital
- Trade media was represented by Racher Press’ sales director.
- Special guest: Bob Taylor, Carma Laboratories Board Member, and member of the historic Union League of Philadelphia, gave an overview of the building and club founded in 1862 as a patriotic society to support the Union and the policies of President Abraham Lincoln.
This event has become one of the most important events in AAHP’s calendar and provides an opportunity for senior industry executives and retailers to have conversations that are meaningful to their businesses while celebrating the work of outstanding retail chains.
The Integrative Medicine Retailer Award presentation is held in conjunction with Natural Products Expo East. Mark your calendar now for Sept. 21, 2023 to take advantage of this opportunity.